Our structured TK/K program is geared towards enhancing each child’s school experience. The day includes lunch time, outside play, literature based circle time, daily journal writing, math concepts and STEM activities.
The teacher ratio is 1:14.
Learning experiences for our TK/K’s include:
- Relationship Development: communication skills, friendship, working as part of a group
- Writing/Reading Skills: phonics, journals, blending sounds, sight words
- Math: number knowledge, adding/subtracting, time and sequencing
- Character Building: life lessons in responsibility, compassion, caring, sharing
- Music and Movement: rhythm, dance, body coordination
- Science: hands – on exploration and observations
For more information, see the School Age Curriculum.
1st through 5th Grade Program
Our school age program provides safe and quality care for children in 1st through 5th grade. It offers a balance of structured activities, free play and individual hands-on exploration that makes for a enriching after school experience. The day is set up to balance homework time with learning activities that are not only fun and educational but promote friendship and team building. Our goal is to instill Christian values through character development, respect for others, self-esteem and meaningful community based projects.
- Homework Club: Three separate, quiet rooms with staff assistance
- Arts & Crafts: Exploring various mediums to be creative
- Cooking: REAL food is prepped and cooked every week in our industrial kitchen
- Science Experiments: Scientific process is taught to discover and explore
- Group Games: Team building and working together in fun ways
- Drama: Communication skills, acting and imagination
- Music & Dance: Appreciation for all types of music and dance expression
- Outdoor Fitness: Increasing strength and making healthy choices
- Community Service Projects: Empowering our students to make a difference
- History: Learning about our past and how we view it today influences our future
- Home Economics: Exploring fabrics & fashion, food & nutrition, home management
Little Bridges has three vans that provide transportation for children enrolled in our program. We provide after school transportation to Little Bridges from Coyote Creek, Bella Vista, and Quail Run schools. We offer morning transportation to Coyote Creek elementary school only. Drivers are trained, certified and part of our school staff. Booster seats are provided for all children who are under 4 feet 9 inches tall and weigh less than 80 pounds.
Dropoff and Pickup
Children will be transported according to their school schedule. All Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten students are walked to their classroom and picked up from their specific classrooms. First through Fifth grade students meet the vans at their designated pick up spot at the front of the school.
Snack and Lunch
Little Bridges provides an afternoon snack with milk or juice each day. All children in our program during the lunch hour will need to bring a lunch from home.
School Age Hours
Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Holiday Care is available when the public schools are closed for holidays such as Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break and Spring Break. There is no additional cost for care on minimum days and school in-service days for children registered in our program.
Little Bridges offers weekly sessions during the summer school break. The summer camp alternates between structured activities like academic review, book time and journal writing along with summertime traditions like crafts, organized games, swimming, free time and field trips. Campers explore a new park every Monday, swim every Tuesday and Thursday, travel by chartered bus every Wednesday for a weekly fieldtrip and spend Fridays on site participating in specially planned activities.
For more information, download our brochure.